Hoosier blues

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hoosier blues
From: "Navid Kahangi" <nkahangi@interwoven.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 16:35:11 -0700
Since we are on the subject of tires, I have to share this with you.  I've
been on Kumhos for a while and I liked their grip and wear.  Lately, I've
been hearing about how great Hoosiers are.  So, I figured I'd give them a
try.  Plus, that must be why Bob Tunnell is 2 seconds faster than me, right?
:)

Well I must say, they feel much better and my lap times are considerably
better than with Kumhos.  But let me tell you about wear.  I put a brand new
set on for the ProSolo.  I did a total of 6 runs on each side which amounts
to about 6 one minute laps.  Then I went to the NASA autox on Sunday.  After
2 laps, the front left tire was pealing completely from the edge of the tire
towards the center.

That's a total of 8 minutes folks.  Yeah, I know ProSolo starts are harder
on the tires, but I'm talking about the front tire here.  So, what gives?
Are they all like that, or did I get a bad batch?

--Navid