Wide tires and skinny wheels

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Wide tires and skinny wheels
From: Vitaly Iourtchenko <vitaly@nuance.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 11:55:13 -0700
Hi all,

I almost bought a set of 13" x 7" wheels over the weekend, but
unfortunately they were too small to fit over my front calipers.

I have a set of stock alloys lying around, which are 14" x 5.5".
My question is as follows -- am I asking for trouble if I were
to mount some 205/55R14 Kumhos or Hoosiers over these wheels? I'm
concerned about the "marshmallow on wheels" handling characteristics :)

Thanks,
Vitaly
#87 CSP del Sol

P.S. I'd appreciate cc's to my email address as I need to make a quick
     decision.