Re: NASA autox

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, miata@realbig.com
Subject: Re: NASA autox
From: Greg Umbay <greg_umbay@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 16:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
--0-719885386-957829100=:14482

I drive a Civic and I enjoyed the course to my fullest.  The course was
designed for the Miatas but I am sure that many of the other small cars enjoyed
the course.

Greg Umbay #508 ST Civic

Nandaholz@aol.com wrote:
Craig Boyle wrote:
<< Well following up on Scot's unfortunate incident I'd
just like to point out how good an event Sunday's
BAMA/NASA event was. Nanda Holz, Kevin Lahey and Tom
Burke and probably a lot of other people spent a lot
of their own time organizing, planning and running the
event. In view of all the p.r. work Tom did, I was
disappointed to see so few Miatas at the event. It
was their loss, because after spending what seemed
like months designing the course, Nanda came up with a
near perfect Miata event. In fact I liked it so much I
entered a second time to try and get it right.

The course was almsot perfect for a Miata - for a
example the start was a straight-right hander-box that
allowed a Miata to accelerate from a start into 3rd
gear without lifting. Then there was the long 4 cone
slalom at the end, where a Miata would enter in first
and again accelerate without lifting through third
gear again - this got pretty hairy however ;-)

I did notice a number of cars getting lost in the 1st
gear middle part of the course. Maybe Nanda will
simplify things a little for the beginners in his next
course design.

So wherever you Miata owners are in the Bay Area, come
to the next BAMA autox, wouldn't you rather drive your
Miata than polish it?>>

Glad you enjoyed it so much Craig. Anyone else have and feedback, likes and
dislikes about the course design after running it? There is always room for
improvement.
Thanks in advance.
~Nanda (rookie course monkey with a crayon) and UFO CSP#4

---------------------------------
--0-719885386-957829100=:14482

<P>I drive a Civic and I enjoyed the course to my fullest.&nbsp; The course was
designed for the Miatas but I am sure that many of the other small cars enjoyed
the course.&nbsp; </P>
<P>Greg Umbay #508 ST Civic</P>
<P><B><I>Nandaholz@aol.com</B></I> wrote:<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Craig Boyle wrote:<BR>&lt;&lt; Well following up on Scot's
unfortunate incident I'd<BR>just like to point out how good an event
Sunday's<BR>BAMA/NASA event was. Nanda Holz, Kevin Lahey and Tom<BR>Burke and
probably a lot of other people spent a lot<BR>of their own time organizing,
planning and running the<BR>event. In view of all the p.r. work Tom did, I
was<BR>disappointed to see so few Miatas at the event. It<BR>was their loss,
because after spending what seemed<BR>like months designing the course, Nanda
came up with a<BR>near perfect Miata event. In fact I liked it so much
I<BR>entered a second time to try and get it right. <BR><BR>The course was
almsot perfect for a Miata - for a<BR>example the start was a straight-right
hander-box that<BR>allowed a Miata to accelerate from a start into 3rd<BR>gear
without lifting. Then there was the long 4 cone<BR>slalom at the end, where a
Miata would enter in first<BR>and again accelerate without lifting through
third<BR>gear again - this got pretty hairy however ;-)<BR><BR>I did notice a
number of cars getting lost in the 1st<BR>gear middle part of the course. Maybe
Nanda will<BR>simplify things a little for the beginners in his next<BR>course
design.<BR><BR>So wherever you Miata owners are in the Bay Area, come<BR>to the
next BAMA autox, wouldn't you rather drive your<BR>Miata than polish
it?&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Glad you enjoyed it so much Craig. Anyone else have and
feedback, likes and dislikes about the course design after running it? There is
always room for improvement.<BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>~Nanda (rookie course
monkey with a crayon) and UFO CSP#4<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p><br><hr
--0-719885386-957829100=:14482--