Re: NASA autox

To: Nandaholz@aol.com, craig_boyle@yahoo.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: NASA autox
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 17:04:03 PDT
>Glad you enjoyed it so much Craig. Anyone else have and feedback, likes and
>dislikes about the course design after running it? There is always room for
>improvement.
>Thanks in advance.
>~Nanda (rookie course monkey with a crayon) and UFO CSP#4

Very creditable for a first effort and a marque-specific course.

Pros:

90 degree start was well-designed
Initial straight/sweeper/lane change was great
"showcase" turn in front of the trailer
Increasing-speed slalom was unusual/fun

Cons:

The Chicago box was very tight, probably not SCCA legal.
   (note to readers: this wasn't an SCCA event and it wasn't
    required to be)
Lots of people got lost there, as has been noted.
The crossover was impossibly, let-me-out-of-here-so-I-can-go-home
   tight.
Lots of people took out the finish, which hurts trying to keep the
   event going.

KeS