Re: best line

To: kitwetzler@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: best line
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 10:42:26 EDT
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

         Kit,
              I'm not a Beamer head so I not up on all the facts and details.
I've run
against gutted BMW M3's at Button willow and they are fast, no doubt. The M5
I came up against at Laguna was awe inspiring. Here I am with a group of
Vipers,
Ferraris, Porsches at al and we're chasing a for door sedan. I was on his
tail and
the driver really knew the fast line around Laguna. The guy was very good. As
we approached turn 11 I dived low to get a jump on him up the straight. I was
shocked
when I couldn't pull him. We were door knob to door knob going over turn 1. I
backed off and fell in behind for another lap. I tried taking him between 4
and 5 but he went wide leaving me the slower inside line. I could easily pull
him going up the hill from 5 to 6 and 6 to the cork screw but there is no
place to pass. He pulled off and went back to the pits. I never did pass him.
That M5 has to be the all time "sleeper"
performance car. Now if I only had $80,000.

 Larry

In a message dated 5/6/00 12:28:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kitwetzler@mindspring.com writes:

<< > stay with a BMW M5 and an instructor driver. Those things
 > are awesome. 400hp in a light weight sedan!!!!

 4000 lbs isn't all that light...  340 hp in a 3300lbs sedan for the M3
 sounds like a better deal to me.

     -Kit >>