RE: Larry Is Right

To: "Andy McKee" <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Larry Is Right
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:01:13 -0800
According to the numbers I found on the Miata.Net and C5 registry:

Miata = .44Cd* x 17.7 frontal area = 7.788
C5 coupe = .29Cd x 21.7 frontal area = 6.293

* top down, as the 200mph guys say they intend to run.  It's .36 with a hard
top.

That's 24% greater for the Miata, or 20% less for the Corvette, depending on
which side of the debate you're on.  ;)  Don't forget to square the velocity
before multiplying...

KeS