RE: Larry Is Right

To: Kevin_Stevens@bigfoot.com
Subject: RE: Larry Is Right
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:32:31 -0800 (PST)
OK, you made me run numbers...

At sea level (for standard air density) they would need the following hp,
neglecting all other losses except what is required to overcome air drag...

Miata with top down.....424.8hp
Miata with hard top.....347.6hp

Considering drivetrain losses, rolling resistance (all contributors), etc.
they'd need probably anywhere from 10% to 40% (WAG) than that.

-Andy

Do You Yahoo!?