RE: Course speeds - was Ft Myers protests

To: mark@sirota.org, ebsalem1@cox.net, pullg@tampabay.rr.com,
Subject: RE: Course speeds - was Ft Myers protests
From: "Don Kline" <solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:39:35 -0500
Mark,

Thanks for pointing out a, IMO, very important part of this higher speed
discussion.  The fact that when speeds such as this are allowed the classing
system used for our events goes entirely out the window.  While I personally
disagree with the suggestions that the rules be "loosened" to allow higher
speeds the rules ARE the rules.  There are venues for events that are faster
that SOLO, and people should be looking at going to these instead of
changing the rules in this sport to make it more like something different
that does exist elsewhere.  With the preparation rules as they are for all
the classes and the need to class all available cars as the club does many
variables must be taken into consideration for competitive classing.  These
are not marque classes (though some end up that way), and as such the rules
about course design must be adhered to.

in HIS grace thru Jesus, Don

>From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
SNIP
>That doesn't imply that the GS competitor was unaffected.  The classing
>system works only within the parameters for which it was designed; if the
>course falls outside those parameters, the classing system may fail to be
>(as) fair.
>
>Mark
SNIP