RE: Course speeds - was Ft Myers protests

To: "'Jamie Sculerati'" <pullg@tampabay.rr.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Course speeds - was Ft Myers protests
From: "Eric Salem" <ebsalem1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:53:10 -0600
<<
There's even a solution within the SCCA for your desires:  the Solo Trials
rules, and the club infrastructure backing them, were set up specifically to
permit higher speed events.  Yes, they come with extra baggage as far as
site and vehicle saftey, driver experience, and so on...but none are
particularly difficult to live with.

Jamie (SSS when needed)

I don't disgree with any of Jamie's post.

My point was a competitor in one of the slower classes was protesting
because a car in one of the faster classes was going fast. There is no
Manifest Destiny to be able to solo. We have rules and we have to follow
them, both for the financial safety of the club and the personal safety of
the persons at the event.

That said, and I'm speculating here, the competitor in GS wasn't going as
fast as the Porsche GT3. The GS car most likely wasn't even breaking the
insurance speed limit.

(also a reluctant SSS)