Re: SS & money

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, eric@mail.brown911.com ("Eric Salem"),
Subject: Re: SS & money
From: Matthew Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:38:07 -0500
Charlie,

It's always nice to see you jump to conclusions.  :^) The GT2 is a bit more
and agreeably not a SS car. No one mentioned the GT2. It is like the Lotus
Elan (M100, Isuzu drive train) not being allowed in Stock. How about a GT3?
Similarly priced to other stock cars (see the B Stock NSX ($89k) and Viper
($86k). To exclude a GT3 to "protect" the Vettes, doesn't "fly." It is
"Super Stock" isn't it? What does happen when the Z06 is no longer competitive?

At 02:44 PM 12/22/2003, Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 12/22/2003 2:03:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>eric@mail.brown911.com writes:
>
> > The idea that we bump cars because they're too expensive or
> > too exclusive is just nuts.
>
>No, allowing one driver with a very expensive car to destroy a previously
>competitive and successful class is nuts.  We've proven that $50K SS cars
>make for great competition.  But do we know at what entry cost SS will
>drop to a half dozen cars at the National Championship?  I bet allowing
>$208K Porsche GT2's would destroy SS, how about $100K?  I wish I had that
>crystal ball, but until it's available, excuse the SEB and SAC for being
>conservative...
>
>Charlie

Matt Murray
http://www.mattmurray.org