RE: SS & money

To: "'Rocky Entriken'" <rocky@tri.net>,
Subject: RE: SS & money
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:19:08 -0600
<<
Chevy whiners never noticed him.

Rocky get's me started down an interesting tangent.

Some GM products get pretty favorable classing but I've never seen any
sponsorship of an SCCA event by GM. Mazda & TRD & Subaru put up
contingency money as do some other companies but they don't seem to get
the favorable treatment that is shown to GM.

Saying, "we favor GM becuase lots of people run GM cars in SS" would be
like saying, "well lots of people run Hoosiers SS". Should change our
rules to favor Hoosiers over Khumos & Goodyears? What if Michelin came
out with a tire that was as good as the new Hoosier, but cost more and
lasted longer -- should that be banned from SS?

Full Disclaimer, I own a MazdaSpeed kid hauler and 911 for AutoX,