Garmin or similar GPS

To: naisso <naisso@impala.iqonline.net>, wail <wail-ss@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Garmin or similar GPS
From: marc smith <marcjs1@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 19:20:09 -0400
Hey folks

I am looking for a road map style GPS in which I can program in a start
point and end point and it can take through turn by turn street by
street from point A to point B

I have headof the garmin,  but at the time i was not looking for one.

My wife tried to drive from Northern VA to Rehoboth beach this past
saturday and ended up on the north side of baltimore before calling for
help.  I was  DE at the time so I could not driver over and rescue her
very easily.

I had given her very (what I think at least) good directions.  But she
ended up at Mappoint.comm for supplemental directions and they really
confused her.  basically when the beltway hit 95 and name changed she
panicked and headed north....

So if any bodyhas any reccomendation  shout out please.

Also picked up a nail in Rehoboth and me with out my spare.  I got three
sets of tires, and not one made it into the trunk before the holiday.
 DOH.  But i did have my 12v pump so I put air in the tire and drove to
the local tire shop on Sunday and they took $20 and patched the tire.
 Knock on wood.  First nail in several years.

Later.,

Marc
94 Impala SS (not quite stock)  ESP