RE: Driving from Washington to Pennsylvania

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Driving from Washington to Pennsylvania
From: Bob Burns <bburns37@att.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 06:27:25 -0500
At 01:59 AM 12/19/02, Eric Salem wrote:

>Another thought, if the road has lots of trucks on it maybe those
>drivers are on that interstate for a reason. They do get paid to not
>break the stuff in they're hauling.

True enough, however, I think the overriding concern with most truckers is
getting the load to its destination in the least amount of time. That means
picking the most direct route with the fewest traffic tie-ups.

In reading the comments from others, I found a better sense of perspective
for this trip. Problems with various highways across smaller midwestern
states like Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio pale compared to getting across the
huge western states. The only time I drove across Kansas, I did it at
night. Later, I heard that I didn't miss much. And mountain passes during
winter are something us flat-landers can only marvel at.

One other suggestion I'd make...Rather than taking any highway through the
Chicago area, drop down to I-74 at Davenport, Iowa, and take it across
Illinois to Indianapolis. I hate driving in Chicago traffic.

Bob...