Re: Driving from Washington to Pennsylvania

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driving from Washington to Pennsylvania
From: Bob Burns <bburns37@att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:32:21 -0500
At 06:22 PM 12/18/02, Red Raevyn wrote:
>I heard that I-70  is horribly bumpy from the Rockies to Ohio because of the
>contraction/expanding -   could be outdated information though.

I-70 varies from state to state and even within a state.

I've driven pretty much all of I-70 in Indiana within the past 3 years.
Most of it is asphalt (several layers) in top of the original concrete and
is fairly smooth. You will find ruts caused by the truck tires in the right
lane, so beware if there's any moisture on the road because it will collect
in the ruts. Some of I-70 in eastern Indiana and in western Ohio has been
rebuilt from the dirt up with new concrete. It's a little bumpy, but not
too bad.

I can't recommend I-80/90 across northern Indiana (Indiana Toll Road).
Narrow, rough in spots, lots of trucks, and you have to pay the darn toll.

Bob...