Re: Are your events open to all who come and want to run

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Are your events open to all who come and want to run
From: "Joe Lee Jr." <joeleejr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:06:52 -0700 (PDT)
FWIW, my NASA region (NE) caps at 80 pre-registered drivers although we
allow walk-ons as not all pre-reg'd will show up. We usually have 100
drivers and always offer 8 runs and fun runs. I don't see how with only 50
racers you could EVER not be done by 1pm with only 3 runs. Membership NOT
required although next year Pre-Registration will only be open to members.
Membership gets you $30 entry, Nons pay $40. In-car parade laps and course
walks before the event. 8 runs, and fun runs.

--- Danny Castillo <dcastillo@axxion.com> wrote:
> This is an interesting question.  Pan American region represents west
> Texas
> and southern New Mexico.  A big event for us would be 50 entrants!
> Small
> turnout could be 25.
>
> We let anyone that passes a Tech (safety) inspection run.  We charge $20
> for
> SCCA members and $30 for non-members.  We usually have two run groups
> and
> let everyone have 4 runs, if time allows and there are enough people
> willing
> to pick up the course we allow fun runs.  We also allow passengers if
> they
> are over 18.  Of course, everyone signs the waiver.  We PAX the results
> of
> the entire field and have three points tallies; overall championship,
> class
> championships and rookie of the year champions.

=====
Joe Lee Jr.
"If your car feels like it's on rails, you're going too slow!"
http://sbc.yahoo.com