Re: Forwarded: clarifications to FM exhaust protest

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>, Nomad Trash
Subject: Re: Forwarded: clarifications to FM exhaust protest
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:05:29 -0400
--On Monday, September 16, 2002 12:00 PM -0400 "Mark J. Andy"
<marka@telerama.com> wrote:
> But we _don't_ currently have a requirement for silencers.  So the option
> is (apparently) to either not run one at all and be loud & legal, or to
> run one to keep the noise down, but you're open to a weenie (IMHO)
> protest.

Or run one in such a way that it complies with the packaging rules.
Perhaps an elbow between the the pipe and muffler would have done it?

What I don't completely understand is, if these competitors needed to add
a muffler to make local noise restrictions, why didn't they do it in a way
that met the rules?

Mark