Re: FW: Child Liability Laws

To: William Loring <bloring@TIRERACK.COM>, "Team.Net"
Subject: Re: FW: Child Liability Laws
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:32:34 GMT
>This was sent to my by ex-autocrosser

Why the heck is he "ex-"?  Wondered why I had not heard from him lately.

>and curmudgeon

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

>Bill Ozinga:
>
>Subject: Child Liability Laws
>Looks like trouble for kids at autocrosses in Colorado...

The answer is clear.  You need to be 18 to autocross in Colorado, unless the
organizers are seriously ignorant of their exposure.

There is a police-driving-range in central Minnesota which is used by a couple
autocross clubs.  You need to be 18 to enter the property, by order of the site
owner.  This is absurd, but if you own the site, you make the rules.

Since I was 18 when I saw my first autocross, this does not have a lot of affect
on me personally...

Phil Ethier