Re: Updated Shock Rule Proposal

To: "Rick Cone aka ConeKiller" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Updated Shock Rule Proposal
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:10:16 -0500
I guess your a half empty guy, while I'm a half full.  I still see it as
only two total adjustments.  Compression (1) and rebound (2) are adjustable.
 Compression (2) is adjustable in two ways, with a knob and with gas pressure.

Note that I don't really care about this issue at this time.  My remote
resevour shocks are bolted on to my Swift DB1, not a stock class car, so I
am not posing an opinion.  Just repeating my limited knowledge of shocks.

> So adjusting gas pressure, allows you to 'shift' your compression range. So
> you can have your ranges high for dry conditions and then let gas out for
> rain?
>
> I would say this is a third adjustment.  At least an adjustment not
> available to shocks that don't have this 'feature'.
>
> And is fast and slow compression changed linearly with gas pressure?  If
> not, then its a third adjustment.
>
> But if the SEB blessed it then, that's fine....

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI