Re: Updated Shock Rule Proposal

To: "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>, <Stlandstra@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Updated Shock Rule Proposal
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:51:47 -0500
My take is that the gas pressure simply adjusts the range of adjustment via
the know.  On my DA Penske's, gas pressure essentially decides the
compression stiffness range.  The valve with the knob can go through it's
finite 6 clicks, but the gas pressure determines how stiff the baseline
setting is.  Make sense?  I hope so, because I am repeating my understanding
as explained to me by Penske.

The upshot?  The gas pressure is still adjusting only one of the two allowed
adjustments, just in a different manner, therefore it is still only a double
adjustable shock.

> > It certainly is, but I believe the goal of the proposed rule is to allow
> for "double adjustable" shocks and therefore, the language is meant to
> account for the compression and rebound adustments through valving.  The
> majority, if not all of these shocks have a fitting to allow for gas
> pressure changes. This does not qualify as a "triple adjustable" shock.
> >
> > Steve Landstra
> > 2001 Z06

> ///  Partial archives at http://www.team.net/archive
> ///  Send list postings to autox@autox.team.net