Re: STX tire size

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STX tire size
From: "Todd Meade" <typer@starband.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:39:05 -0400
Why, may I ask, was this increased?  By doing so, you are going to
effectively turn the class into one that is dominated by RWD or AWD cars.
The great thing about STX was that it put everyone on a level playing field
with 225 tires and the advantages of the RWD/AWD platform wouldn't be able
to dominate the FWD cars.

Granted, not a lot of good tires come in the 235 size, but it is a stepping
stone toward taking a FWD car out of the mix.  I can count the number of FWD
cars two fingers that will accept a 235 16" or 17" tire, and I don't think
it would even be wise to try and stuff a tire that large under them.

I wish they would leave things alone for a year and see what happens.  I
just don't want them to start panicking and raising the limits of everything
just to slot more cars in the mix, because the end result won't be what the
intent of the class was IMO.

Todd
#15 STX
00 ITR