Re: STX tire size

To: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>, Todd Meade <typer@starband.net>,
Subject: Re: STX tire size
From: Vince Bly <vbly@pop200.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:35:00 -0400
At 10:27 AM 6/21/02 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:
>--On Thursday, June 20, 2002 8:39 PM -0400 Todd Meade <typer@starband.net>
>wrote:
> > Why, may I ask, was this increased?
>
>It has not been increased.  It has been published for member comment, as
>Item 24 in the August Fastrack.  See it online at
>         http://www.scca.org/news/fastrack/02-08.pdf
>
>If you wish to submit your comments more officially, write a letter to
>the SEB at the STAC.  To write a letter, follow the instructions in the
>front of your rulebook, or send it electronically to seb@scca.org.
>
>Mark

Well, I turns out I was incorrect and--surprisingly--so is FasTrack!  The
Street
Touring Advisory Board (STAC) decided to increase the section width to 235mm,
but not effective until Jan. 1, 2003 (I implied it was right away).  The 245mm
number quoted for comment in Fastrack did not come from the STAC--I just
rechecked the minutes of our last conference call as recorded by Howard.

However, since this change won't take effect until the beginning of next year,
Mark's note about submitting your comments is still valid.  If you think 235 is
too wide, or not wide enough--send in a comment as Mark suggests.

                                         Vince Bly  #49 STS  (STAC)