add'l SEDiv event location info

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com (Evolution Discussion),
Subject: add'l SEDiv event location info
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:12:01 EDT
My original intention for 2002 was to have a best 2 of 3 SEDiv series with a
northern event, followed by a southern event, and then a central event where
everybody from the first two events would come together as kind of a finale
and face off for the class championships.  Unfortunately, the
Knoxville/Dogwood northern event had to be canceled this year after the site
location was lost.  We were also declined any further Solo2 use of the Perry,
GA fairground site, where it was intended to have the final central event.
That was also another reason Turner Field in Atlanta was not strongly pursued
in the early part of the year.  I already had a handshake agreement with the
Mid-GA Region to do another Perry event if the GA Motorfest was again held in
2002.  Subsequently, Mid-GA was going to visit & possibly pursue reviving the
old Moultrie, GA airfield site, but have not heard anything more about it.

So of the three SEDiv events that were originally planned in my minds-eye for
2002, only the southern Fort Myers, FL event came through.  The selection for
two replacement sites at Gainesville, FL and Savannah, GA were simply born
out of necessity & circumstance as previously discussed.  The main point that
should come out of all this is for the regions/clubs to strongly plan &
pursue hosting a SEDiv event in time for the annual Area 3 Meeting & Awards
Banquet held every January at Jekyll Island, GA.  Not doing so has probably
been the weakest link in the SEDiv event location selection & scheduling
process.  This is also where we have the divisional Solo2 town meeting for
member input & discussion.  The SEDiv Solo2 reigns will be handed over to
Karl Rickert in 2003.  You can get an early start on the process by emailing
Karl at:

alfakarl@hotmail.com

Mark Sipe
SEDiv Solo2 Steward