ProBlend radiator goo

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:@pimout3-int.prodigy.net;>
Subject: ProBlend radiator goo
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:38:23 -0500
Howdy all, was at Advance Auto (used to be Western Auto) this afternoon
picking up some plugs and brake fluid and saw a display with gallon
containers of this ProBlend brand radiator cooler stuff.  It's supposed to
make your coolant run "up to 28 degrees cooler".

The only reference to ingredients I could find on the container was
"contains petroleum distillates".  The instructions said to pour the whole
gallon in ($15) and add another gallon of distilled water to end up with
what they called a "summer blend of 80% water and 20% ethylene glycol".

Is this basically just a surfactant like Redline's Water Wetter or is it
something totally different?

Is there any truth to their 80/20% "summer blend" claim?  Should I not be
running a 50/50 mix of water and coolant in the summer months?  Next weekend
I'm due to fly around Blackhawk Farms for a day and would like to have my
cooling system working at peak efficiency.  The coolant that's in there now
is just over a year old with about 24K miles on it.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Neon R/T (see-dan)
#69 STS
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger