My honkey plugs

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:@pimout3-int.prodigy.net;>
Subject: My honkey plugs
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:04:34 -0500
It's official, I'm a cracker-necked white boy.  I'm so white that I've got a
white car with white wheels and even my spark plugs are white.

I just changed my plugs (Champion RC9YC, OE spec plugs) and the electrodes
were all covered with a nice even layer of dry white stuff.  Not speckled,
entirely coated.  The center electrode looked normal and not abnormally
worn.  The white coating was also around the entire surface of the plug
"body" that sits level with the combustion chamber.  These plugs have only
been in the engine since last year's Nats with about 12-15K miles on them.
I did put a nice coating of anti-seize on the threads when they were
installed, as I always do, but doubt that has anything to do with it.

I've not been running any octane boosters or nitrous.  I did at a few big
events mix some 100 octane unleaded (hey, it came out of a regular pump) 1:4
with Amoco's Premium 92 octane gas to get about 94 octane but it's been
since late April since I did that last.  (I did it just to be sure I wasn't
going to suffer any detonation in the heat of battle.)  I only, ever, use
Amoco Premium gas and 98% of the time from the same station.

If I didn't know any better, which I don't, I'd guess that it's a fine layer
of porcelain from the porcelain insulator.
Does anybody have a clue what this layer of deposits may be?

As usual, thanks in advance.

Eric (also gave her a belly full of fresh Amsoil 20W-50) Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Neon R/T (see-dan)
#69 STS
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger