Re: Nationals Paddock Police are here to serve you again.

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Subject: Re: Nationals Paddock Police are here to serve you again.
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:18:14 -0500
> I'd love to see a pre-registration system to assign paddock spaces.
> Probably via the web and by phone/fax, with the current status on the web.
> If you were able to do this, you could cut back pretty dramatically on the
> number of spots someone could reserve.  Otherwise I think you need to keep
> the "5 additional spaces" rule to account for friends holding spots for
> late arrivals.

I'd not have a problem with virtually unlimited additional spaces as long as
each one is specifically labeled with the name of an entrant.

Not "I'm reserving five additional spaces," but "I'm reserving spaces also
for Joe, Tim, Bob, Fred and Aloysius."

With that, you also need a cross-check to be sure Joe, Tim, etc., haven't
also reserved their own.

Suggestion 2 -- put days of occupancy on the spaces. If someone is only
there Tuesday-Wednesday and then clears out, that space becomes available
for someone only there Thursday-Friday. (Wednesday actually is the worst
day, with Th-F drivers arriving while Tu-W drivers aren't done yet -- and
heat 1 drivers will clear out earlier than heat 5 drivers).

Also -- Chiefs Row was a golden idea. So much easier to do these jobs that
occupy those individuals all week when the "home base" is not buried in the
back of the paddock. Also easier for the chiefs' minions to find them.

--Rocky Entriken