Tires but Non- Autox

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires but Non- Autox
From: "Rick Brown" <rbrown7@covad.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:28:32 -0700
I know there's some tire experts on the list and wanted to find out if
anybody
knew the inside on why Tirerack can't seem to get stock on 225/40YR18
Michelin Pilot
Sports.  I've had an order in for six months and still no tires.  Excuse has
been
that they order them from Michelin and either get no tires or only BMW-spec
tires
in that size.

Tires with the roundel on them doesn't bother me but I'd prefer not to mix
front
and rear with BMW-spec and non-BMW spec in case there is a difference in
compounding
or construction.  Rear 255/35YR18 doesn't come in a BMW version.

-- Rick Brown