RE: Foolish Rules

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Foolish Rules
From: "Paul Zahornasky" <p.zahornasky@att.net>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 00:10:08 -0400
Having read Josh's post, I'd like to offer a different viewpoint from the
same part of the country (New England.)

First, I want to point out that Josh drives primarily with Cumberland Motor
Club (CMC), a small club that has most of its events in Northern New
Hampshire and Southern Maine.  I have not run with them in a few years, but
have a general idea of the club from word of mouth and reports on the
nersolo mail list.  (If any of these statements are grossly in error, please
correct me and accept my apologies)

As he points out, it is a friendly club, with a relaxed atmosphere.  With
all due respect to their drivers, it is not the place that would I go for
top notch competition in the New England area.  It would probably rank
towards bottom.  Typical turnout is probably in the 50-80 range, depending
on what else is going on in the area. Their sites in the past (and most of
them have not changed)have been of the postage lot variety, high school
parking lots, or small factory lots.

CMC is not an SCCA region or chapter, but they do follow SCCA preparation
rules.

Now on to the running commentary: