Re: The new MINI

To: "'team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The new MINI
From: "Ayer, John K" <john.k.ayer@boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:35:05 -0800
Of course it still has to get that power to the ground using "only" two
wheels... and even the vaunted Type R has trouble with that :)

Kimball "Stir that pot!" Ayer
newDS #61 WRX
"The Beauty of All Wheel Drive"
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 12:26:00 -0500
From: "Brian Garfield" <bgarfield@md.adelphia.net>

Absolutely correct, Will, I don't have any doubts that the MINI will be a
faster Solo II car than any stock Neon.  Consider the inherent handling
characteristics of a 12ft long, 5ft wide car with wheels all the way out at
the corners,  PLUS 80% of the 155+ torque coming in at 2500rpm.
I don't think any luck shall be needed...