Stock Class - DS/GS

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Stock Class - DS/GS
From: Lloyd.Wilson@alcan.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:04:00 -0500
Since I have abandon my old GS ride, Honda Prelude VTEC, I don't have that
much to say except for this:

Why is the V6 Camaro/Mustangs staying in the new GS and not getting bumped
like all the other "competitive" GS cars.  I don't believe the
Camaro/Mustang are class leaders like the Type R and potential WRX but
neither is the Prelude VTEC.  But are these cars then too much of a top car
for the new GS.  What does the Celica/Neon people think of racing against
200 hp, 225 ft/lb. cars with 16x7.0 wheels that fit nice fat 245/50 series
tires and limited slips.  That gives me chills even with my Prelude VTEC
but they are a good fit together.  So, IMO, move the VTEC down or the
Camaro up.

Another thing, how in is it the Audi S4 gets bumped from AS to GS and the
Audi TT (225hp) stays in the new BS.  Hmmm, something is not right here.

Lloyd Wilson
retired: '93 Prelude VTEC
current: heavy '01 Miata with camber problems