Re: AMX in autox (setup Qs)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AMX in autox (setup Qs)
From: "Will Kalman" <will@kalman.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:05:07 -0700
The theory is that the car was rolling so far without any sway bars, nothing
else mattered!  Just keeping the tires reasonably vertical netted great
benefit.

The front bar I put on was the stock bar from the junkyard.  I also got and
cut the front springs from the V8 model (mine was a 6) and the rear springs
from the station wagon.  Hey, I was in high school!  It's called the $50
suspension!  The only "high-zoot" part was a custom rear bar from Suspension
Techniques back when they were in L.A. and did custom work.  They also put
poly bushings on both bars for me.  The car handled great and the suspension
design allowed stupid amounts of caster and camber on the front (rear was
live hotchkiss).

Will Kalman
'91 Escort GT
CSCC #232 STS