Forwarded: Re: ax-digest V1 #622

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Re: ax-digest V1 #622
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:37:10 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than autox@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: "Janice Sansone Rick" <janice@wcsllc.net>
     Subject: Re: ax-digest V1 #622
     Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:06:15 -0500

San Diego Tour: 297 drivers
Peru Tour:      350 drivers (capped artificially)

If time and space permitted, I bet the Peru Tour would have been over 400.

In fact, I'd lay money that Peru Indiana serves more autocrossers than any
other site in the country:

- - - A National Tour
- - - A ProSolo
- - - A Divisional Championship
- - - 3 CENDIV Divisionals
- - - a half-dozen test sessions
- - - assorted local events
If this is a fact:
If there's any place in the country deserving of being turned into a
full-time autocross facility, it's Peru, aka "Roger Johnson Motorsports
Park"
DG

then...................................
Let's move the SCCA office and Nationals to Rogers house.  Roger, we will
need you to add on to your driveway a bit (add about 10 acres).  You do have
4 bedrooms don't you? Because we will need to get those desks and copy
machines in there.  Cheap rent will be great, as I am sure Roger won't
charge much for his house.

On a bit of a more serious note, you do need to look at some business of
travel.  Is it cheaper for SCCA people and others to fly into one city over
another?  What services are accessible for the office, at each location,
what is cost of living for staff people?

This discussion is for moving the offices right now, and using and
developing our "clout" to get the city chosen to want us enough to get
things we need.

It doesn't matter where we have nationals, we will always have some that
don't come becuase of it's location and some that would be there not matter
where it is.

Janice Sansone Rick