G forces in AM cars (was: Why concrete?)

To: AutoX@autox.team.net
Subject: G forces in AM cars (was: Why concrete?)
From: jeff@winchell.com
Date: 17 Aug 2001 12:28:03 -0700
> I contend that the high-speed turns on a race track lead a tougher >life than
>low-speed turns on a flat surface.  Race tracks are often >banked.  I know BIR
>is.  Also, the cars often have aerodynamic >downforce which can add quite a
>bit of pressure at higher speeds.  I >think I read that F1 cars can generate 4
>gees
> or so.  AM cars cannot do that at Solo2 speeds.

The Phantom has measured 3gs before (I think at Topeka?) and had even higher
forces when running higher speeds at a Hill Climb (the wing support was getting
torn till they changed it's angle of attack). If my hearing of this information
is somewhat different, please correct.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see a top AM car, on a suitable track, setup
for max Gs, do 4Gs... assuming the driver could stand it.