RE: SCCA national office move

Subject: RE: SCCA national office move
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:28:36 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Paula Whitney wrote:
> The highest attended events each year are the ones held in the Central
> Division. Peru Tour would have 400 entrants if we did not put a cap on
> the event.

Hey, that's pretty close to Evansville / Birmingham / the center of the US
population!  Lets have nationals there!

:-)

Mark

(btw, I don't really see how having nationals in the population center is
"unfair".  Pretty much by definition that reduces the average travel time
of all members.  Now, if you want to do a sliding scale sorta thing where
you average (say) the square of the travel distance to account for the
"the east coast folks have to travel an extra 500 miles because that 500
miles is unreasonable to add to the west coast folks trip, despite the
population center" factor, that's ok.  But using words like "fair" without
any definition is pretty suspect.)