race car insurance

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: race car insurance
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:07:27 -0600
Okay you old farts out there, this question is for you.

To those who have race-only cars (Solo2 Prepared & Modified, Club Racing
cars, etc) and only race them on weekends (they are no longer street legal
or driven) I ask the following; from whom do you purchase your race car
insurance, what kind of coverage is it ("book" value or stated value), what
are the stipulations of the policy and how much does it cost you per annum?

Also, for those who drive mostly Stock, Street Prepared, SM, etc cars that
ARE still street legal and may actually be driven on the streets, what do
you do for insurance coverage?  I'm assuming that a lot of ST, SP and SM
cars with all their modifications can easily exceed "book" value and
therefore may run into problems if the car gets totaled somehow.   I'm
talking about coverage for theft, fire, vandalism, etc, not running it into
a light pole or rear ending someone.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T