Re: In car Autox Video question

To: "CJ at Pylon" <pylon@pylon.cc>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: In car Autox Video question
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:48:57 -0800
Rear tower brace is good, assuming it's allowed in your class.  I've even
seen people put a tripod behind the front seats with tie down straps to
various locations.  Don't use a camera with stabilization or turn it off.
The vibration frequency of the car is much different than what comes from a
person holding it, so it doesn't work.  We bought a cheap camera (super 8 so
we have to copy to vhs, but no biggie) and have used for both autox and road
racing for many years with not problems.  And not in stock cars, and IT 510
then a FP/GT2 240Z, both rather stiff and still get good results with it
mounted directly to the roll bar.

Rick Brown
FP 240Z