RE: Fwd: Re: SM PAX & 'Street Legal?'

Subject: RE: Fwd: Re: SM PAX & 'Street Legal?'
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:24:10 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Michael McAvoy wrote:
> Requiring an interior is a good rule, because it promotes a "Streetable"
> car.

My point, which I will shut up about soon I promise, is that promoting a
"streetable" car is exactly why I think cats should be required.  Cats are
now made well enough that they have a negligible effect on performance
(I'm talking about high performance cats here).  There's no reason that
the SCCA should continue to promote the (erroneous) idea that to get good
performance from a street car you must defeat the pollution controls.

Whatever.

Mark