Re: SM 'Street Legal?' Now: cats

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SM 'Street Legal?' Now: cats
From: JonesMB <jonesmb@arthem.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:19:33 -0600
>In the SM case, you're explicitly requiring a street registration, which
>(by federal law) requires a cat.  However, you're allowing folks to run
>without cats, implicitly encouraging them to break the law.

when I get busted by the Feds for having no cat in my SM car, you're saying
I could tell them I was encouraged by the SCCA to run without a cat to be
competitive in SM, making the SCCA is also liable for my offense and the
$25K fine.  I don't think so!

PS - I don't have an SM car.  My mediocre driving and bone stock car will
stay in G-Stock.  I am just commenting on something that has nothing to do
with me  :-)

jmb