RE: SM 'Street Legal?' Now: cats

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SM 'Street Legal?' Now: cats
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:47:33 -0600
HEY, pay attention horsepower breath.  ;^)  I hate tree huggers as much as
the next hot rodder.  They do nothing to actually help the situation.  All
they do is bitch about stuff.   =8^O  Oh no, he didn't go _there_ did he?
;^)

My point was why not allow aftermarket "hi flow" type catalytic converters
instead of requiring OE type units.  Exactly what or how does one "measure"
OE types versus hi-flow types?  We are allowed to replace a non-functioning
cat with an aftermarket unit.  And if one can not differentiate between the
two then cats are basically "free" even though they're still required in
some classes.

"Oops, sorry Mr. Protest Cheif man.  My stock cat died this past Spring so I
had to replace it.  Hell no I didn't replace it with an OE part, they're way
too expensive.  I went to my favorite muffler shop and had them install a
one size fits all (trucks) model for less money.  It _is_ still scrubbing
the air clean so what's the gripe man?"

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  ;^)

Eric (Gamesmen to the end) Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com
ICQ#101282513