Re: kid karts

To: "Dennis Hale" <dhale_510@yahoo.com>, <bljj@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: kid karts
From: "Steven Eguina" <seguina@unionfundingusa.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:42:02 -0800
In Cal-Club (Southern Calif) and I believe that Howard agreed that Pro and
National Tour events were the same,  we use the STOCK 5HP Briggs and
Stratton engine for the FJ class.  No weight adjustments. ( we figure as
they get older and bigger they get faster)  We also have a second class for
the OTHER B & G modified motors or higher HP motors.

The kids do get very competitive as time goes on.  They do have a great
time.  With no weight adjustment we sometimes run as many as 3 kids in one
kart.  Also,  with some padding your 8 yr. old can share a kart with the 12
year old.  Due to the safety requirements, we run the karts at the
beginning and end of our 1st afternoon run group.  This also rotates who
has to wait while they run.  Any complaints will stop once the regulars see
how fast the kids drive within a few months.  (Example  FJ this last
weekend  64 sec's  ESP top time 58 sec's, you can guess how many classes
the kids beat.

  Without the karts I don't think I could get my boys up at 5:30 AM to go
with me and help change tires etc. At the awards banquet the kids get their
own table.  They have become good friends and have learn a lot of
sportsmanship.  My 16 year old son and Tom Berry's Daughter ran their first
events in full size cars this weekend and did well.

Have Fun and Good Luck!
Steve Eguina #86 ESP