Northeast Former Sites, was: Eastern USA?

To: "Teamdotnet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Northeast Former Sites, was: Eastern USA?
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 21:59:18 -0500
The Army/West Point owned the site. They even had the FBI train there during
the week. Then the Army sold it or gave it to the town. No more autocrosses.
Very nice site. Not as nice as Griffiss but a LOT closer to the NY/CT/NJ
areas. Many in the area wish we had the 5 million or so to buy it.
This is a pretty good description of the site (The Drop Zone). :^)
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.asp?S=12&T=1&X=707&Y=5762&Z=18&W=2

And for fun, Griffiss AFB:
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.asp?S=13&T=1&X=291&Y=2991&Z=18&W=2
Towards the bottom center of the picture is a B-52 (to put things in
perspective):
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.asp?S=11&T=1&X=1163&Y=11965&Z=18&W=2

After looking at these pics, I think we're being dogged on the space
available. The second (closer) pic is where most of the events are run, but
in the first pic there seems to be a lot more runway than we currently use.

Any Finger Lakes or Central NY members want to comment?

Matt Murray

mattm@optonline.net

For the ultimate Rally book and information,
go to http://www.goss.com/rally.htm
and type in "MU01" for a ten percent discount.