Hoosier race compound tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Hoosier race compound tires
From: "Ron Chapman" <CHAPMANR@calbt.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:35:22 -0800
Has anyone out there been using the road race compound Hoosiers for a/x?  I am
specifically interested in their durability, as the autocross compound tires
have only been lasting for 40 runs on asphalt on th CRX, and I corded a pair of
new tires in less than 15 pro solo runs on concrete.  Yes, I rotate them front
to back regularly, and I know the early production tires were particularly
short lived.  I remember than in the early BFG R-1 days, the only big
difference between the autocross and the road race compound was that the road
racers lived for about twice as long with only a small disadvantage in grip.

Ron Chapman
84 CRX CSP
99 Miata BS