winter racing in the midwest (IL, IN, WI)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: winter racing in the midwest (IL, IN, WI)
From: Lloyd Loring <LWLoring@home.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:30:34 -0500
As far as I know, there will be the traditional snow solo at the Tire
Rack (South Bend, IN) on the Sunday after our Annual Banquet at
Nelson's in Wakarusa, IN. The banquet is January 27 so the snow solo
will be Sunday, January 28. Registration will probably open about
9:30 AM and it has had just three classes in the past: Engine over
drive wheels, engine NOT over drive wheels, and 4-wheel drive.

Very few rules, hand stop watch timing, and I have no ideas what
trophies will be dreamed up. It's not about winning, just getting out
of the house and playing with power oversteer, or whatever else the
snow offers. No studs and no tippy SUVs, of course. Standard SCCA
autocross safety rules apply.

I believe Rudy Bahnsen (of Holland, MI) is doing it this year and it
is probably just a single event rather than a series. Rudy's E-Mail
address for further info is: brb1584@juno.com.

Rudy may also know about the Michigan Ice Racing Association (MIRA)
or perhaps you can ask Stacey DeSpelder about that stuff. His Email:
37csp@pathwaynet.com. The MIRA events are usually in northern lower
Michigan and some may include time trials on Saturday and full-bore
racing on Sunday. Purely amateur, fun-type events from folks who have
done this for decades.

Lloyd Loring   LWLoring@home.com