Re: Last posting to team.net for Evolution

To: <Jkinser77@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Last posting to team.net for Evolution
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:58:53 -0500
Stick around, Jean. Your posts are about our sport, and help people new to
the sport to get better. Hell, it helps people OLD to the sport get better.
I've been in it 35 years, took the Phase I and II within the past 5 years.

Rule was you could not do Phase II until you'd done I. I been doing this so
long I don' need no steenkin Phase I! but I did it anyway. Not sure McKamey
told me all that much, but he did get me to sit a bit closer to the wheel.
Not sure Tamandli told me all that much, but he did get me to be a bit
smoother on my turns and more aggressive on the pylons. Hmmm, maybe they did
teach me something.

And Jean? That was when she was in the wheelchair! And she still watched me
drive and gave me a better way to get around big turns (the teardrop in the
Phase I course).

So, yes, its valuable -- to any autocrosser, and therefore proper fodder for
Team.Net.

Now, the idea of a separate list to inform people about dates --- hey,
alert, most of the people who might want to do this school are not so deep
into the sport they know of all these other arcane addresses for this or
that. Team.Net is a pretty "Basic list" now for autox. You oughta be able to
come here and get info like that. Make a separate list and all you do is
hide it from everyone so nobody knows about it.

I think anyone who has an event upcoming -- and Evolution schools are
generally some Region's or Club's event -- should be able to post a notice
here about it. Nothing wrong with Jean posting that notice.

But all that may be necessary are the dates, the site, the host club, and
name the instructors and what phases are offered. Beyond that, just be ready
to answer the questions anyone asks. If they ask on line, then answer it on
line.

Now candidly, when I see Jean's Evolution school posts I just hit Delete. My
Region usually does one in the spring, so I know about it that way. But ya
know what? We get in 36-50 students and most of them are NOT from my Region.
How do they find out about it? It ain't from our Region newsletter -- yes,
it is there, but all those new students are not (yet) receiving it.

There also are dozens of other topics I hit Delete on. I recommend the
procedure to anyone who tires of Jean's posts.

And I urge Jean to keep the faith and keep on posting!

--Rocky