RE: Any Civil Engineers in the House?

To: "Ax List (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Any Civil Engineers in the House?
From: "Eric Buckley" <ejbuckley@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:55:49 -0500
I'm not replying to any one quote in particular - just the thread in
general.

Why are we discussing 16 acres as a test site? That's an absurdly large area
for tuning purposes. I've run perfectly good autocrosses on 3 acres. I would
think that 1-2 acres would be fine for test & tune. The McKamey Phase I
course fits on an acre. I seem to recall it was quite sufficient for
pointing out my problems.

If you want to do some high speed stuff, just add two 500x10 foot roads
extending off of opposite corners.

Another alternative (although possibly problematic from a zoning
perspective) is just to go out and buy an old lot. We've got tons of 'em
here in St. Louis. Too small for events, but quite suitable for testing.
Some of us have been known to test on them without purchasing them, but I'd
never endorse *that* kind of activity ;)

Eric Buckley
7 STR: 98 Integra GSR
St Louis Region