Re: Tire warmers

Subject: Re: Tire warmers
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:25:47 -0500
This is a tongue in cheek comment so don't take too seriously (if at all)...

When they (SEB?) disallowed sucker cars in AM, wasn't one of the reasons
cited:  The danger of small engine's flywheels exploding and causing harm?
Wouldn't 60 generators in grid pose this same problem?  Not to mention the
mass electrocutions in case of sudden rain :)

Seriously, IMO, this would just be another thing we would have to drag to
events/grid etc.  And also be one more thing that would separate the have's
from the have not's.  Also, this is something that would only be useful to
many people for a few events.  In the summer in the Midwest, I've checked my
tire temps at 90+ deg BEFORE I TOOK THE CAR OFF THE TRAILER!

Dave