Seat belts

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat belts
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 09:32:32 EDT
Thought I'd put in my $.02...

I haven't seen anyone mention (maybe I missed it) that there are available
anchor bolts to replace your existing ones.  The replacements are relatively
the same thread length, but instead of having a hex head, have an "eye" on
the top.  Instead of getting competition lap belts with a bolt flange on the
mounting end, get ones with clip-type attachments.  Then you can click
them in for use, and take them out for street.

Sometimes when attaching the rear belts to the rear seatbelt anchor points
you'll find that the alignment is off.  If you get a Y-type shoulder harness,
use
the closest one to center of the front seat back.  I rearranged the straps in
my "H" harness so that it instead forms an "X", crossing between the back
seat and the front.  that's how it has the best alignment for the driver.

Alan

<snip>