Re: Seat belts

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat belts
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 06:43:25 -0700
> there are available
> anchor bolts to replace your existing ones.  The replacements are
relatively
> the same thread length, but instead of having a hex head, have an "eye" on
> the top.  Instead of getting competition lap belts with a bolt flange on
the
> mounting end, get ones with clip-type attachments.  Then you can click
> them in for use, and take them out for street.

The above is what was firtst suggested to me at a local race shop, and what
I plan to do.

Let me add:  I saw an autox car with a Y strap, with the single strap simply
clipped into the seatbelt buckle of the rear seat (immediately behind).
That way the entire harness could be unbuckled/unclipped.  Comments?

Richard Nichols
rnichol1@san.rr.com
CP Mustang SVO 86 TII