Water-cooled VW expert wanted

To: autox@autox.team.net, quad4fiero@webzone.net
Subject: Water-cooled VW expert wanted
From: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 14:42:23 -0500
List
I am puting a 93 Fox engine into my 88 Fox. the fuel injection is different so
I am attempting to transfer the 88 injection to the 93 motor. The inserts and
injectors will fit, but the injectors now protrude much further into the intake
port of the aluminum cyl head. Will this work properly or am I creating a
monster? The 88 motor has over 160k and the 93 has a measly 85k, thus the
reason for the motor swap. (Both motors run w/o any knocking noises).
TIA
Bill Schmidt KC REGION