Anyone running ST at Pikes Peak National Tour? / Wilderness notice

To: <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anyone running ST at Pikes Peak National Tour? / Wilderness notice
From: "Ron Conrad" <rjconrad@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 21:39:40 -0500
We are taking a vacation and heading to the National Tour at Pikes Peak
Raceway and was wondering who in Street Touring was planning on going.
We are staying in a cabin at the KOA, those are usually nice (and cheap).

Thought I would pass this Wilderness Alert on:

WILDERNESS NOTICE:

In the light of the rising frequency of  human/grizzly bear conflicts,
the BC  Department of Fish and Wildlife is advising hikers, hunters,
fishermen or anyone enjoying wilderness areas to take extra precautions and
keep
alert for bears while in the field.  The use of small, noisy bells attached
clothing is advisable so as not to startle bears that can't see your
approach. Also advisable is that the outdoorsman carry a good quality
pepper spray with them in case an encounter  with a bear is unavoidable.

It is also wise to be watchful for fresh signs of bear activity.
Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and
grizzly bear feces. Black bear feces are smaller and predominantly contain
berries and vegetable material. Grizzly bear feces has little bells in it
and
smells like pepper.

See you there, In the meantime there is a BFGoodrich Cendiv Series Autocross
next Sunday.  There should be a bunch of ST & STR cars there.
There is still time to register.  Go to the NWOR site for details.

Ron Conrad - Street Touring #25 - 86 Honda Civic Si (original owner)
366,000+ on the odo!

74 Capri V6 2800 - Race Capri (4-Sale)  Raced in the One Lap of America
about 3 years ago by Matt Jennings (no motor)
74 Capri V6 2800 - Parts Capri (4-sale) Good Mechanicals (I bought it for
the engine)
74 Capri 2000 (my first sports car and now a Winter Beater)
67 Sunbeam Alpine V (next restoration / D/SP project)
67 Sunbeam Alpine V (Parts Car)
98 GMC Safari AWD (Tow Vehicle)