Re: Classing changes

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classing changes
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 21:24:59 -0500

Woody Hair wrote:

> I think you figures make a good case for the M3 to be in ESP.

I was actually trying to illustrate why it ISN'T in ESP.  It appears as
though it could easily be an overdog in that class.

> But even
> though I drive an '88 M3 (a totally different animal from the '95+ M3),
> my original posting was concerning the 2.5 liter 325s.  And where do you
> fit the '96+ 2.8 liter 328s?

Here's where I bow out of this discussion.  I'm not a BMW expert (or
even much of a BMW fan), so I can't say how one Street Prepared BMW
would compare to another.  My instinct says that "parts is parts" and
all 3 series BMW's should have similar performance capabilities in SP
trim, but I don't know... and I don't want anyone to try to explain it
for MY benefit. (if anyone else is interested, have at it)

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://www2.southwind.net/~lsw
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca